We love to make new fur-pals - a schnauzer snuggle to everyone who signs up to follow us!

Please sign our guest book - (insert your blog address in your message so that we can contact you!)

Sunday 25 October 2009

Pet Pride - tag, you're it!!

JD - Hello everyone - happy Pet Pride!

Max - Pet Pride is our favourite meme and is wonderfully hosted by Bozo - please go over and check out all the fun!

JD - For our Pet Pride entry this week we want to share with you one of our favourite games - it would appear to also be a pass time that our first love, the beautiful Sasha, also enjoys.

Max - We love playing in the long grass - sure, it means we have to have our paws checked out and have a thorough brush after each walk, but we feel it is well worth it!

JD - Look - here is a photo that the gorgeous Sasha posted last week of her making her way through the grasses....



Max - ....and here is a photo of JD doing the same! It could almost be the same field couldn't it? We like to imagine that when we're playing Sasha will suddenly appear out of the grasses and the three of us will have so much fun romping around together!



JD - We so love to play chase - and our humans really enjoy watching us having fun too, so it's 'win-win' all round!


Max - Often we'll start our game with a 'face-off'!!


JD - And then the chasing begins!!


Max - Can't catch me, can't catch me!



JD - Wheeeee!


JD - Hmm, where's Max gone, I can't see him....


JD - Hey - where did the long grass go?!


JD - Ah, here it is - that's better.....wheeeeee!!


Max - He he he - I've broken cover, gotta find the long grass again....



Max - Hey - neat! I've found a stick! Hope female human doesn't see me or she'll take it off me.....*chew, chew!*



JD - I'm rather proud of this next photo! Unfortunately we haven't been able to edit it so it's a bit small, but I love how I appear to have just levitated out of the grass, he he he!



JD - Phew, that was an exhausting game of chase, time for a pit-stop I feel!



Max - *Slurp, slurp, slurp!!
*

Join in the fun at Pet Pride....

19 comments:

jabblog said...

You two had a lovely game. Jenna and Frodo and Buddy love the long grass too, specially when it's frosty.

Abby said...

That looked very fun! I really don't have anyone to chase, except when I go to the dog park. Living in the city means I have to be on leash all the time. Sometimes though I chase squirrels but my humans slow me way down holding the other end of the leash. They can't run as fast as me. I just know it's their fault I haven't actually caught a squirrel yet.

We love Luna said...

Hello my adorable friends JD and Max,
Dont' you think these Autumns colours are fantastic and the grass is much more funny to play around it?!
I loved this post and you guys are really enjoying this walking.
So...I'm here, in front the door, looking for the door ( thanks it is made of glasses !) and thinking about you my sweet friends.It's a cool Sunday, outside is so cold and wet in Luxembourg and I hope you guys can enjoy the Sun all day long!
Love you!
purrs
Luna

Maxmom said...

Beautiful photos! We can almost feel the wind in our hair. You are so lucky to have such green pastures in which to run. Wish I was there.
Lotsalicks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

Nellie, Yuchie, Calvert and Bailey said...

Thank you for sharing your photos, it makes us feel as if we were there with you!

Unfortunately we don't have any large areas with grass where we can run around free... just a small yard when we visit Princess Savvy. The life of a city dog...Oh well... we will live vicariuosly (psst.. Nellie, whut does that mean?!? Stop using non puppy words!)

Paws-out
Nellie & Calvert

Diana Chiew said...

You guys are so lucky. It must be so much fun playing in the tall grass. You can also play hide and seek in there! We have to play hide and seek inside as we had a bad weather here.

storyteller at Small Reflections said...

Molly would LOVE to join the two of you in your wonderful game ... and she definitely avoids ME when she finds something to chew on for the same reasons that you do. Thanks for dropping by to visit with Ms Kitty this week ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Bruce said...

Looks like fun! I bet I could hide in that tall grass & you would never find me!
your cat pal,
Bruce:)

Sylvia K said...

Hey, you guys are sure having fun in that long grass! Mojo and I both wish we were there to play with you! Mojo couldn't hide unless she crawled, but I could!

Have fun this week!

Sam and Mojo the Most

The Oceanside Animals said...

Nothing like a nice cold drink after a hard day's play.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Oh, how we would love to play that game, but sadly our Momster knows better than to let us run free - we would be gone so far so fast. It really looks like so much fun. At least we are able to feel the thrill of the run through your beautiful photos.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I feel the same jealousy and awe The OP KS Pakhk feels!

Our kind khan't run free like that unless there are fences to sekhure us!

Tank woo fur sharing!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Unknown said...

I;m glad your eyebrows stand out in the grass-otherwise I couldn't see your schnauzer selves.
That was fun..I'm gonna get a drink now too.
norwood

The Island Cats said...

Wow! We are so jealous that you get to go out and play in the tall grass! We rarely get to go out...and when we do, it's on a leash! Sheesh...we wanna be you!!!

Al said...

Woof! BOL! That's lots of fun! Coffee and Me like playing tag. And I'm always the winner!

Oreo and Coffee

LadyFi said...

Aw.. that looks like great fun!

Sasha said...

Hi boys! Your long grass looks as fun as mine is - it is a pity we live so far away from each other, I can see us having a good game of hide-and-chase through it!

I go play in the long grass almost every day, coz it's all over the park where we walk in the mornings, so every day we spend a lot of time de-seeding me. It's quite a horrible experience - I have to lay in my human's lap, and be patted all over while she tries to feel the seeds in my fur. There's an awful lot of patting to put up with, but I do my best to be patient!

She also tries to brush me, but usually gives up when I start eating the brush, right after she starts.

I've been collecting so many grass seeds that my human's threatening me with a "nudie" cut for my next clip - because we're still in spring, so there's another season or two of grass seeds to go... I'd like to think she is teasing me, but my friend Spinner got a nudie cut recently, and my human keeps making comments about how easy he must be to keep clean...

Well, I guess we'll find out eventually...

Puppy kisses
Sasha

Unknown said...

Ooooooooooh! I love bounding through the long grass too!! My human says I look like a giant, overgrown hare - ha! ha!

Oskar said...

Oh boys, I have missed you so much! I have to tell you that my mom person has not been able to mail off your package just yet. I'm quite upset with her, but she put it off and then she got sick.

She's hoping to get it in the mail tomorrow!

I know you boys were dreaming of Sasha when you were playing in that field!

I'b so glad to be able to catch up with you!